Lovely setting with outside space. Can cater for 80 sit down events, well equipped kitchen including all crockery and glasses. Room to erect a marquee.
According to the book ‘Seal: The history of a parish’ the village hall was built in either 1885 or 1891 by Charles Mills, a London banker who initially rented then purchased Wildernesse House, replacing the Wesleyan group’s chapel. Activities included meetings, concerts, lectures, dances and flower shows. Before selling their estate in 1921 Charles’ grandson Arthur gave the village hall to the village, along with the recreation ground, the fire station and the infant school.
Seal Church Hall
Tel: 01732 762840
This peaceful, simple hall, which has a stage and stage curtains, comfortably seats about 50 people, and has a small kitchen with tea and coffee making facilities, crockery and cutlery etc. There is a toilet adapted for disabled people and step free access. (The driveway up to the hall is quite steep: wheelchair users may need assistance).